Duringthe winter months, snow can be heavy on Highway 99.
Please check Highway 99 roadconditions before you leave and be prepared. If renting avehicle ask about all-wheel drive options for better handling inthe snow.
Better yet, hop on one of the many shuttle buses (either fromthe airport or downtown) and let someone else do the driving. Onceyou arrive in Whistler, you won’t need a car anyway.
If you stay in the Village, everything is within walkingdistance, and many of the hotels offer a complimentary shuttleservice to get you to the lifts. Whistler’s transit system makesfrequent scheduled stops throughout the Whistler Valley from 5:30a.m. to 3:00 a.m., 365 days a year. (Learn about staying inWhistler without a car!)
Highway 99 Improvements
Recent improvements to highway 99 make the travel along the Seato Sky Corridor faster, smoother and safer.
Project benefits included:
- A straighter highway and improved sightlines, creating moreconsistent driving speeds and shorter travel times
- 80 kilometres of new passing lanes between Horseshoe Bay andWhistler
- Shoulder and centreline rumble strips and additional medianbarriers
- Wider shoulders for improved safety and accommodation forcyclists and disabled vehicles
- Enhanced monitoring of road conditions by electronic weatherstations to improve highway maintenance response during winterweather
- If there is ongoing road work associated with the project,please allow yourself 30 to 45 minutes of extra time when travelingHighway 99.